Wednesday 14 September 2011

When CHANEL lets you down (again).


When you think of Chanel you think timeless, luxurious, chic and undoubtedly expensive.

Well, this is what I thought until this happened (twice).

I was given a brand new BEAUTIFUL Chanel 2.55 for my 18th birthday. This is the bag I had obsessed over ever since I was old enough to read Vogue so I was overwhelmed to actually own one!
Never have I been so carefull with a possesion before. I kept it packed neatly away in its box and only used it on super special occasions. Last year when I moved to London for the year it flew with me, there was no way was I risking losing such a gorgeous bag.

So yes, I kept very good care of it. This was something I wanted to have forever and hand down to my daughter (when I have one..).

But then it broke, the chain snapped and the bag fell onto the wet London street. All I had in it was a wallet and a phone, not exactly the heaviest of items... But still IT BROKE.

I took it to Chanel in Harrods and they said they would send it back to the Paris workshop to repair it, which they did and it was so all was well again.

But then just the other day it happened again, this time in the middle of the road. In the rain. AWESOME.


Seriously this shouldn't be happening to a bag that costs more than all my other bags put together (which incidentally, are still intact).

If you cant trust Chanel for outstanding quality, then who can you trust!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's terrible! :( and Chanel? I can't believe that. You'd think with the price on it, these kind of things wouldn't happen! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! So bad right! Thanks for reading :) x

    ReplyDelete