Friday 4 November 2011

New things that I love.

I have a bit of an obsession with acquiring jewellery that no one else has.

Some people take pride in customizing their clothing however with my complete lack of sewing skills I, unfortunately do not have that privilege. So, instead, I seek originality in my accessories.  




 


Most of this actually comes from raiding my mums jewellery box... I figured that she never changes her jewellery so why let all the pretty things go to waste?  Actually my absolute favorite ring, and Opal set in a gold band, was given to mum by her first boyfriend. Another is one that was given to her on her 18th birthday, it is Ivory set in silver and the bone has the outline of a Geisha carved into it.


 


I also love to make new pieces out of old pieces. These arrow earrings used to be on hooks but I think that look is a little dated so I took off the hooks and fastened the rest onto my studs. So easy! And I love this  mix of silver and gold



 


This is my favorite necklace that I made from an old bracelet and necklace. The brace links used to be a bracelet that had some hideous black elastic threaded through it. I cut that out and then took an old silver chain and linked them together. I wear it almost every day and people often ask where I got it, then proceed to look shocked when I say I made it (not sure if that is a compliment or not..)


Right now big and bold jewellery is a major trend for summer soI am on the look out for things that I can make into some over-the-top statement earrings. I think it's time to visit mothers cupboards again...


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment